Wednesday 25 May 2011

Review: Madara Delicate Cleansing Milk

Madara Delicate Cleansing Milk 200ml RM 88

I rarely use milk based cleansers because I don't really fancy the oil film that it usually leaves behind. However, I knew I have to get one because my new Marie Veronique Organics Moisturizing Face Screen contains 20% zinc oxide, that needs to be throughly washed off by double cleansing. I've heard a number of great reviews of Madara and decided to purchase this at an organic fair held last month. So how does this fare for me?


Brief description of the product.

Removes makeup, and gently cleanses the skin without causing dryness and irritation. Suitable for use around the eyes.

Ingredients

Aqua, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate, Tillia Cordata (Linden) Extract*, Avena Sativa (Oat) Extract*, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Lactic Acid, Aroma**, Limonene**

* Ingredients from Organic Farming
** Natural essential oils
100 % of the total ingredients are from a natural origin
26.6 % of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming

I was a little dissapointed to see alcohol in this product, the third active ingredient, especially coming from a product that is certified Eco Cert. I have always avoid using products that contains alcohol because it is usually drying to my skin. Oh well, looks like I have to be extra careful in reading the ingredient next time.

My Experience

The cleanser is of milky texture and rather thick. My usual regime before using cleansers on my face would first be rinsing my face with water. I find out that this doesn't work on this cleanser because it became slippery and I don't think that it is cleansing my face enough. The following day, I decide to use on my face without water and I feel that it works better this time. After rinsing, my face feels nice and not drying at all. I would then follow up with my gentle cleanser to finish off.

There is one thing that I have to comment, the smell is definately not to my liking. I was expecting something pleasant but encountered a kind of 'almond-y' with a hint of 'cockroach-y' scent. The smell really reminds me of the almond soup dessert that my dad loves and to much of my dislike. At times, I am overwhelmed by the strong alcohol smell that makes me feel that this is a 'beer' cleanser. So this is how much the smells really puts me off.

As for the performance, I would not say that it cleans throughly. I do feel that my nose area is not cleansed well and sometimes it is clogged. Thankfully, I exfoliate 2 times a week to make sure it is smooth again.

Overall

I give this product a rating of 2 out of 5. Am rather dissapointed with this product, especially the alcohol content and the smell. Though it didn't really dry out my skin after washing, I feel that this cleanser does not clean well, which left me with clogged pores around my nose area. Looks like I am on a lookout for a new cleanser after I am done with this one.

This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...