Monday 25 April 2011

Review Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque 75ml RM 150 ( previous price )

I have been using this masque for 4 years and I can't remember which bottle I am at the moment. This particular masque has never failed me and always give me the hydration boost I need. Description as per the box below:

Recommended for all skin conditions. A refreshing, oil-free gel that restores critical moisture to dry skin without unwanted oiliness, helping to restore suppleness and reduce the appearance of fine, dry lines. Calming botanical extracts of Rosemary, Hops, Cucumber and Arnica soothe while Vitamins A,C and E and Pro-Vitamin B5 help to nourish and replenish the skin. Excellent for the delicate eye area. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

Ingredients: Water( Aqua ), Butylene Glycol, Extracts of: Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower, Camellia Oleifera Leaf, Rosa Canina Fruit, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Rosmarinus Officinalis(Rosemary) Leaf, Equisetum Arvense, Citrus Medica Limonum(Lemon), Pinus Sylvestris Cone, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow), Hedera Helix (Ivy), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit, Sambucus Nigra Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Parietaria Officinalis: Propylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ricinoleth-40, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Phytonadione, Retinyl Palmitate, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben.

My Experience

Use this once or twice weekly right after exfoliation. The masque is in a gel-like form and I usually squeeze some of the gel unto my facial brush( like the brush you use for painting but for facial use ). You may apply only a thin layer unto your face and the best thing for this masque is that it is safe to apply around your eye area. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. At this point, I realised that my skin absorb most of the masque especially on areas like my nose and cheek, that are particularly dry. This masque is unlike some of the masque I've used before because the gel does not dry on your face, that usually leaves it a tight feeling. I usually like to massage some of the masque prior to rinsing as I feel it helps in better absorption. I like this masque a lot because it leaves my skin feeling comfortable, well hydrated and it doesn't sting my face in times when my skin is particularly sensitive.

Overall:
I rate this masque a 4.5 out of 5, mainly because this masque has repeatedly and faithfully replenish my skin, leaving it well hydrated and comfortable too. It helps in balancing my skin condition in times when sensitivity and dryness sets in. I have tried other masques as well that mainly aid in hydration but none can perform as well as this. The only con of this product is the price. It gets more expensive each year and that is why I minus 0.5 points from my rating.

2 comments:

  1. I have been using this mask for two years but stopped using it now as it contains methylparaben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since move on to other masks because they changed the formulation since last year. I have tried a sample and I wasnt pleased...esp with the ingredients. Dimethicone was on the 4th or 3rd in the ingredients listing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...